Master in Health Education’s objectives and professional skills
Education for health is a discipline characterised by the variety of sciences, means and methods that contribute, to a greater or lesser degree, to its development. This is due to the complexity of the individual (such as behaviour, skill or attitude) and social (such as lifestyle, culture or education) factors that exist in people and that determine their quality of life, health and happiness.
Therefore, these studies aim to train students in the effective planning of education-for-health programmes and activities at a personal, family, group and community level. They also aim to provide students with the skills necessary to intervene and carry out critical, reflexive research in education for health.
- Ability to carry out studies on theories, models and beliefs that influence the attitudes and behaviours of individuals and their surrounding environment when facing health and illness processes.
- Ability to choose and apply theories and models to design the intervention process in education for health.
- Ability to carry out studies and research using theories to contribute to the understanding and resolution of health problems.
- Diagnosis and assessment of the educational needs of individuals, groups and organisations based on different methodologies, instruments and techniques, considering the particulars of the context in which education for health is being imparted.
- Planning and teaching of training programmes of educators in education for health.
- Planning of activities and collaborating in activities with the media.
- Ability to design, use and evaluate educational materials for education for health.
- Ability to design, execute and assess community intervention and participation programmes at different levels and in different scopes.
- Knowledge of the qualitative and quantitative research techniques applied to education for health.
- Ability to solve and apply methodological strategies in order to develop and assess acts of intervention in education and health.
- Management, leadership and motivation of groups of individuals, promoting in-network collaboration with the different social health agents and institutions.
- Assessing and providing guidance to health professionals, as well as health agents, in organising, designing, implementing and evaluating health programmes.
- Consultancy on education and health to people and/or institutions self-managing actions aimed at improving the quality of life of individuals or communities.
- Education-for-health nurse
- Teacher, social educator and instructor in Education for Health
- Education-for-health psychologist
- Education-for-health social worker
- Education-for-health doctor
- Planner, implementer and assessor of education-for-health programmes (individual, group, community and institutional)
- Head of education-for-health programmes and projects
- Project and quality manager of education-for-health interventions
- Designer, implementer and assessor of teaching methods and resources applied to education for health
- Designer of education-for-health strategies
- Coordinator of activities in education for health directed at chronic patients
- Head of coordination, promotion and innovation in education-for-health projects
- Advisor on intervention methodologies in education-for-health programmes